In this troubled economy individuals commonly resort to DIY pest control methods instead of hiring a professional pest control service. This DIY approach ranges from eco-friendly methods such as: homemade chemicals and planting carnivorous plants, to chemical methods which might include baits and sprays. Despite a lot of DIY approaches you might try at home, the basic question to ask is whether or not these approaches are as effective than simply hiring a professional. Whichever option you opt for, you must first consider the pros and cons of both methods: professional pest control and home pest control.
To begin with professional pest control services may handle pest problems much better than you can. Based on their experience and know-how’s they may be better able to fight pests more efficiently and hastily. Furthermore, professional pest control services may be considered cheaper than Do-It-Yourself (DIY) methods in the long run. This is as inefficient Do-It-Yourself (DIY) pest control methods can prolong pest issues and thus result in you spending even more money on home pest control methods. Here are a few things to ponder when considering a professional pest control service:
- 1. Does the pest control business provide knowledgeable professionals? You really should hire a service who will know how to swiftly evaluate how large the issue is and what kind of insect they are dealing with.
- 2. Is the company bonded, insured, and licensed? Check the recommendations of the company you are dealing with to be certain they are insured. Further, some states call for a license for certain types of chemicals.
- 3. Does the business give written estimates or quotes? It’s vital to know how much the treatment is going to cost before you sign up. Most corporations give free proposals via phone or online.
- 4. Do they provide any service warranties or money back guarantees? To ensure that you’re going to get a programs that is worth the money, check what kind of policies they give.
- 5. What kind of pests can they deal with? Some companies only deal with indoor pests while other companies may only treat outdoor pests. Decide whether the business you are considering hiring provides treatment for the kind of pests you have.
On the other hand, Do-It-Yourself pest control could be of use in situations where the problem is very tiny. In situations like these you might easily get rid of pests with products bought from your local store. This can be less costly. It’s true that some of these over-the-counter treatments have gotten better over time. And yet, they still might not be as reliable as the ones that the professionals use. Here are a few tips for choosing Do-It-Yourself pest control treatments:
- 1. Be wary about programs that guarantee to work each time. Pests differ from region to region and thus could have different kinds of reactions to certain treatments. Therefore, look for treatments that target a specific kind of infestation or an insect. Otherwise choose treatments with a 100% money back guarantee if it does not work.
- 2. Be sure how a specific product works. Be familiar with how and why a specific kind of product works. Essentially be familiar with the science behind them. Does it use chemicals or scents to repel pests? Pick a product that can scientifically prove itself as being effective.
- 3. Not every ultrasonic pest control products are effective. Ultrasonic products don’t work through walls or doors. Thus, these products should be installed in every room. Yet, you have to acknowledge that these products don’t work long-term because a lot of pests can become immune to them.
Lastly prior to deciding whether to use a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) pest control method or a professional pest control business you must first identify the size of the infestation and the kind of insect you are dealing with. Following that, evaluate the pest control service’s background and services. Finally, keep in mind that Do-It-Yourself (DIY) pest controls might not always be less costly than using a professional pest control business.